ISO 14001, Environmental Management System
Southwest Research Institute® (SwRI®) is certified to ISO 14001, Environmental Management System, for operations in its Engine, Emissions and Vehicle Research Division, Fuels and Lubricants Research Division, and Facilities & General Services and Environmental, Safety, & Quality Systems organizations.
Environmental PolicySwRI strives to provide clients with creative and efficient research, engineering, and test services at a reasonable cost and in a manner that reflects high professional and ethical standards. SwRI is committed to protecting the environment and conserving our natural resources. This will be accomplished through efficient use of those resources and through support of a safe, healthy atmosphere for our employees, customers, and neighbors.
We pledge to:
- Comply fully with all applicable legislative, regulatory, internal, and other requirements which relate to identified environmental aspects;
- Establish and monitor environmental programs;
- Continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution, where feasible, through process efficiency and improved technologies;
- Establish and review environmental objectives;
- Evaluate environmental impacts;
- Reduce and recycle waste; Provide employees the training needed to perform their duties in an environmentally conscious manner that fulfills SwRI's environmental policies;
- Communicate pertinent environmental policies and procedures to contractors, subcontractors, and customers working on-site;
- Communicate the Environmental Policy to all persons working for or on behalf of SwRI;
- Communicate our commitment to this policy to our employees and other interested parties; and
- Ensure this policy is made available to the public through the Institute website (www.swri.org).